• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROOT] Ultimate DROID3 Root/ROM Thread

Hi what are your guys opinion on these ROMs? I am rooted but I just dont see it worth it to get one of these ROMs, because I am waiting for the "overclocking" feature. Opinions?

personally im running steel droid 3 i like i like the status bar and the litle changed they made its running pretty stable no problem, i ran monster rom which is also well they tweaked alot and its alot better to me then stock , im waiiting on the final release on dark droid , i heard liberty is pretty well i just rooted my girls droid x last night and gave it vortex rom , and it so much better, the roms are a improvement to me due to i dnt use much of blur just back up assistance and gtalk other then that everything else can kick rocks lol hope dat helps and thanks to the dev for they hard work

Reactions: JDC717
Upvote 0
So your saying its totally IMPOSSIBLE? I thought it would just make the devs/hackers work a little harder to find a way. But damn if thats true that sucksss

Currently impossible, yes, unless the devs can find a way to unlock the bootloader, or the less likely possibility that Moto will unlock them for us.

Reactions: JDC717
Upvote 0
I followed the restore method exactly (as quoted below) and got tons of errors on the droid screen that many files and files.img were not able to be loaded and it completed...said "Done" tried to reboot and is still stuck in Red Motorola Boot logo and will not restore.

What else can I do? Is there anyway to get this Droid 3 restored.

Unbricking/SBFing the DROID3 (Or returning to stock without a Nandroid)
So, you did something you weren't supposed to do, and now you're left with a brick (or you forgot to make a Nandroid, and want to go back to stock).
Download this One Click SBF rar file by psouza4 from XDA, and this SBF file.
This SBF will completely wipe your device and install software version 5.6.890 on your phone.
To use:
Step 1) Make sure you have the most recent Moto drivers installed.
Step 2) Extract the zip to a folder on your computer.
Step 3) Extract all of the SBF contents into the "files" folder in the folder you unzipped.
Step 4) Power down your phone.
Step 5) While holding the Vol + and Vol - buttons, power on your phone.
Step 6) Select "AP Fastboot"
Step 7) Once your phone says it is connect, double click "CLICK HERE - Flash Verizon DROID 3 OTA 5.6.890 to phone.bat"
Step 6) Wait for your phone to reboot, then are back on the Stock OTA 5.6.890 update.
Step 7) Enjoy your DROID3 and try not the brick it again. ;)

Upvote 0
I followed the restore method exactly (as quoted below) and got tons of errors on the droid screen that many files and files.img were not able to be loaded and it completed...said "Done" tried to reboot and is still stuck in Red Motorola Boot logo and will not restore.

What else can I do? Is there anyway to get this Droid 3 restored.

Unbricking/SBFing the DROID3 (Or returning to stock without a Nandroid)
So, you did something you weren't supposed to do, and now you're left with a brick (or you forgot to make a Nandroid, and want to go back to stock).
Download this One Click SBF rar file by psouza4 from XDA, and this SBF file.
This SBF will completely wipe your device and install software version 5.6.890 on your phone.
To use:
Step 1) Make sure you have the most recent Moto drivers installed.
Step 2) Extract the zip to a folder on your computer.
Step 3) Extract all of the SBF contents into the "files" folder in the folder you unzipped.
Step 4) Power down your phone.
Step 5) While holding the Vol + and Vol - buttons, power on your phone.
Step 6) Select "AP Fastboot"
Step 7) Once your phone says it is connect, double click "CLICK HERE - Flash Verizon DROID 3 OTA 5.6.890 to phone.bat"
Step 6) Wait for your phone to reboot, then are back on the Stock OTA 5.6.890 update.
Step 7) Enjoy your DROID3 and try not the brick it again. ;)

Use RSD Lite instead of the bat file... For instructions on using RSD Lite check out the steel Droid thread.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, if any of my links give you a 404 error from Dropbox, I apologize. I'll move the files tomy website server and hopefully that will work better.

Unfortunately, I wont be able to do it forafew hours.

edit-
The BootStrap and One Click SBF are uploaded, and the SBF files themselves are in the process of being uploaded.

Upvote 0
Don't know what I missing but even with the cable that came with the Droid 3, the root program does not want to detect the phone after selecting USB debugging and then charge only.
Are you plugging your USB cable directly into your machine, or into a hub? I have seen trouble with some machines where the USB hub simply doesn't know how to do the kinds of things that the root program wants to do. Bypass the hub and go straight to your machine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones