• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TMobile] Root/Unlock (Added Video) D50010b Firmware

May 13, 2012
Hello everyone,

I thought I share how I rooted this device.
I found a thread on xda and I was able to root successfully without any issues. As far as Unlocking, I have not tried that out? If you have success at unlocking please post your outcome so others will know if it works or not.

Here is a video I made:
Hope the video helps for some people.

Hello users I have recently bought a new T-Mobile LG Optimus F6.

For those of you who may have just purchased one or need one rooted and or unlocked here is how to do it.

Root:

Download MotoChopper.zip that is attatched at the bottom.

Then place your phone in Debugging mode. Also check unknown sources in security.

Unzip the MotoChopper and look for "run.bat"

Once that is all done you should have root access.

Unlock:

I use Blowfish Unlocks. You can use who ever you prefer.

Dial *#06# and that will be your IMEI number.

Next submit for the code and wait.

When it comes back use: SIM_UNLOCK=00000000000000

Now to enter the code you have to put in a non supported sim and dial 2945#*500#

Then choose Network Unlock and enter your code. If the first code doesnt work do not panic.

You have 10 attempts and you usually get back 5 different codes. Try them until one works. But to be sure double check that you submitted the right IMEI to begin with.

Enjoy

MotoChopper.zip

Don't thank me thank roketteere over at xda for finding a root method.
Reference: [Root/Unlock] LG Optimus F6 T-Mobile - xda-developers

I've got drivers installed via LGMobile Support Tool. I have USB Debugging on, unknown sources checked. USB connected to LG Software. When I run run.bat it:
tells me to push any key, I do
says waiting for device....
daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037
daemon started successfully

... then nothing

is that is? I was expecting something more. Nothing seems to be changed with the phone.

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
I've got drivers installed via LGMobile Support Tool. I have USB Debugging on, unknown sources checked. USB connected to LG Software. When I run run.bat it:
tells me to push any key, I do
says waiting for device....
daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037
daemon started successfully

... then nothing

is that is? I was expecting something more. Nothing seems to be changed with the phone.

Any ideas?

EDIT:
Restarted everything and tried again. Opened LG User Support Tool, plugged phone in and waited. Device driver was not successfully installed...Details:
USB Composite Device...Ready to use
LGE AndroidNet USB Modem...Failed
LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port (COM3)...Failed
LG-D500...Ready to use
AndroidNet Sooner Single ADB Interface...Failed.

Upvote 0
EDIT:
Restarted everything and tried again. Opened LG User Support Tool, plugged phone in and waited. Device driver was not successfully installed...Details:
USB Composite Device...Ready to use
LGE AndroidNet USB Modem...Failed
LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port (COM3)...Failed
LG-D500...Ready to use
AndroidNet Sooner Single ADB Interface...Failed.

Try a factory reset before you try to flash the kdz.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones