Root/UnRoot X8 1.6 Detailed Explanation

1. ld2008

ld2008 New Member

Currently 2.1 update is not available at our country(Philippines). huhuhu... still waiting for the update.
  2. xJunnN

xJunnN New Member

does rooting gives u access to paid application for free?
  3. suhel28

suhel28 Well-Known Member

You don't need rooting for paid application....

Google is your friend lol
  4. 2002120141

2002120141 Member

uhm hi. so I rooted my phone, got rid of a few pesky trial apps and want it unrooted again... since, I don't see the point of keeping it rooted. I've followed your guide, but like your guide says the superuser warning comes up. Do I flat out ignore it and wait, or should I click the ok button? Thanks!

another thing: If I keep it rooted and 2.1 comes out, does it unroot by itself or does it stay rooted? or.. am i stuck in 1.6 till unrooted? Thanks again.
  5. suhel28

Just click ok and than wait... it will get unrooted...

Sorry no root available yet for 2.1
    2002120141 likes this.
  6. suhel28

If you update your phone it will get unrooted by default.... :)
    2002120141 likes this.
  7. 2002120141

2002120141 Member

Ah, thanks very much Suhel. I guess I'll just wait for Eclair then, as improbable as it may be. How's Eclair on X8 by the way? How much better is it than Donut? Anything new that's worth getting excited or at least happy over? Sorry for the questions, I just don't think I'll be getting Eclair in a long, long time (maybe even past the phone's life cycle, judging by my country's tech standards). I don't mind the wait, as I usually use phones as long as they're usable and not broken yet. But I'm curious what Eclair does for X8. ^_^
  8. suhel28

You can get update even if its not available in your country...

Secondly,eclair is okish apart from the browser and launcher pro its not worth updating..

I'll rate the update 2.5 out of 5 :)
  9. brianaudio

brianaudio New Member

hi guys its my first time here. i have a problem here. i downloaded superonclick and i cant seem to extract the file. error: it does not seem to be a valid archive. i used winrar and winzip both has the same errors. i downloaded all(ithink) the superoneclick in the net they all have the same errors. any help guys? thank u so much! and yeah, i downloaded the latest net framework. im on win7 64 bit. i searched on every site google gave me but still no luck. am i the only dude who encountered this prblem? please help me. thank u again.
  10. suhel28

I guess tis your pc that is giving probs

try downloading this zip recovery software

Recovery Toolbox for Zip
    brianaudio likes this.
  11. brianaudio

brianaudio New Member

hey, thanks! but i got past that my problem now is that i cant get past through waiting for device? any advice for that?
  12. suhel28

you need to install x8 usb drivers..

X8DRIVERS.ZIP

once you've installed em than try again
    kcuf_di likes this.
  13. brianaudio

brianaudio New Member

thanks man. i know its a silly question but how can i install the drivers, cus my pc detects my x8 flawlessly? will i install it again, but i dont know how to install it. thanks man
  14. suhel28

before I tell you anything further check this :

1. have you updated to 2.1?
    2. is your debugging mode ON?
  15. coman_nick

coman_nick Well-Known Member

Rooting for 2.1 just got out (over at XDA's). But from my understanding it's very difficult to do so we have to wait a bit more.
  16. suhel28

yeah I read about it..

not so complicated but its unstable for now :)
  17. Blitzkri3g

Blitzkri3g Well-Known Member

Yeah.Lots of thing not working right and lots of ignorant replies...
    Anyway,we ll just have to wait.Something is coming soon,I m sure.
    N.
  18. fabian_s

fabian_s Member

Hi,

when will root be available for 2.1? I dont want to go back to 1.6...

Greets fabian_s
  19. suhel28

20. fabian_s

fabian_s Member

Thx so far...there wont be any easier way to flash 2.1 in the future?

This two versions seem to be too complicated to me...superoneclick would be perfect...

Will this tool be released for 2.1, too? If it wont be released well than i need to do it "the easy way" :eek:
  21. suhel28

both the methods are simple its just the text that makes it look complicated

once you'll try it you'll find it relatively easy
  22. palakkad

palakkad New Member

Is the android 2.1 upgrade available for x8 for INDIA now (Jan 2011)? I bought an x8 a couple of days back. I am new to x8, purchased bcoz of its features and low price.
  23. lokesh534

lokesh534 Well-Known Member

I think the phone should have come with 2.1 since India was one of those countries which got the upgrade first.. If it is not running 2.1, install SE update service and update your phone dude.

PS. If u like playing with ur phone a lot, Root your phone and install add on's to enjoy using your device.Or buy a phone wic has 2.2 in it.. Galaxy 3 and Lg Optimus one ( know as lg Optimus P500 Thunder in India)
  24. myckmaven

myckmaven Member

any update? :D
  25. suhel28