• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Root VZW I545 on 4.2 w/o Losing Data?

OstrichSaK

Android Expert
Nov 22, 2009
Colorado, USA
Sorry for the rather n00bish question but I've been away from the root game for a while after years of being in it. I've been quite happy with my SGS4 since they came out but have finally come across a reason to root it and was wondering if a method existed to keep everything the way it is (apps, data & such) but gain root access. I need to be able to delete a factory installed app that is giving me issues and clear out all the bloatware while I'm at it. I also don't want to mess with resetting my phone or running custom ROMs as I don't want to lose my data, settings or any apps that I've installed. If someone can point me to a link, video or method I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

There are 5 different methods listed in the (Verizon) Galaxy S4 - All Things Root Guide over on the (Verizon) Galaxy S4 - All Things Root forum, if that helps.

I was hoping for a more focus response like "These are the five and I like this one because it does this or this one is one click or this one will save all of your data and apps or this one sometimes breaks WiFi" or some sort of quick direction like that. I just don't have time to research five different methods to see which is the best for a simple root and it's largely why I've owned this phone for so long and haven't rooted it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones