Root VZW I545 on 4.2 w/o Losing Data?

1. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

Sorry for the rather n00bish question but I've been away from the root game for a while after years of being in it. I've been quite happy with my SGS4 since they came out but have finally come across a reason to root it and was wondering if a method existed to keep everything the way it is (apps, data & such) but gain root access. I need to be able to delete a factory installed app that is giving me issues and clear out all the bloatware while I'm at it. I also don't want to mess with resetting my phone or running custom ROMs as I don't want to lose my data, settings or any apps that I've installed. If someone can point me to a link, video or method I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

3. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

I was hoping for a more focus response like "These are the five and I like this one because it does this or this one is one click or this one will save all of your data and apps or this one sometimes breaks WiFi" or some sort of quick direction like that. I just don't have time to research five different methods to see which is the best for a simple root and it's largely why I've owned this phone for so long and haven't rooted it.
  4. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

That's why I directed you to the All Things Root forum specifically for Verizon as they are in the best position to offer advice on the current and easiest means of rooting that particular phone. ;)
  5. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

Moved this over to the Verizon ATR Forum so the rooted folks can give you the best advice OstrichSaK. :)

If you have any questions or concerns, let me know. :)