• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root root without computer?

Hey I need your help. I tried what you posted. "Root without computer" and I must have messed up. It wiped my SD card actually my phone doesn't even recognize it's SD card. I have a ton of things on it. I just had a baby n have hundreds of pictures. PLEASE HELP!

can you explain exactly what you did?if you can give us more info so that we could help you. did you try unrevoked forever on your phone? what software version do you have? also check your hboot. power off (uncheck fastboot first. setting/apps/uncheck fastboot) then press and hold power+vol down. this will take you to the bootloader and at the top will be your hboot version.

Upvote 0
So I just upgraded from my Hero to an Evo (woot!) and was wondering if there is a way to root it without using a computer. My computer is currently dead and although I'm familiar with rooting and flashing (on my Hero) I don't know what options the Evo has. I'd really like to get rooted soon but, have no computer. If this can't be done just say so, if it can, how!?

My only guess is to download GingerBreak by going on your Phone browser and search it up, install the latest version you find, I will ge you the link.
Next is install 4shared and look up and install z4 root, Im not saying It will work, I just know it worked on some of my devices.

Upvote 0
My only guess is to download GingerBreak by going on your Phone browser and search it up, install the latest version you find, I will ge you the link.
Next is install 4shared and look up and install z4 root, Im not saying It will work, I just know it worked on some of my devices.

yeah those are old exploits that have been closed by the latest ota's. if the phone is current, they will not work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones