1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Root woot!

1. Thwip

Thwip Active Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. Thwip

Thwip Active Member

Works like a charm! :)
  3. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Hey, I am moving this to the All Things Root Section, thanks for understanding. :)
  4. Peccator

Peccator Member

This hasn't worked for me after three tries. I get all kinds of fail/error messages on the black screen there.

My tablet's only a couple of weeks old. I wonder what's wrong...
  5. jwest06

jwest06 Member

Are you running ICS? (4.0.4) This method was designed for a prior release.
  6. Peccator

Peccator Member

Yes, I'm running ICS. That's what came with the tablet. I'll look for a fresher version of the method.

(Sorry I responded after so long; I guess I lost a little hope soon after not receiving a quicker answer.)
  7. kevdvd

kevdvd New Member

I downloaded and rooted per first post above and it works PERFECTLY. I did try wifi tethering but it didn't go through. Then I downloaded and installed foxfi and foxfi addon (this addon has to install along with the foxfi app) from Google play.
    I also use 4G active simcard that I currently use with my Droid Razr Maxx HD from Verizon then plug it into the Xyboard and it works perfectly, signal receptions HELL strong as it should.
    I also installed App Quanrantine and OTA RootKeeper apps from Google play
    KOLIO likes this.
  8. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

Which apps have you deleted or quarantined?

I'm about ready to root my DROID XYBOARD 10.1,but,still hold out hope that MOTOROLA will update to JELLYBEAN.

I know, I know Don't laugh TOOOOO HARD. I'll probably see SASQUATCH before I see an official JELLYBEAN update.... :D
  9. kevdvd

kevdvd New Member

i use quarantine app to quarantine that I don't need like vcast, verizon navigation, verizon video, in general those bloatwares that I think NOT neccessary for me
    KOLIO likes this.
  10. KOLIO

Definitely anything VZW, I have no use for any of their apps. As for the MOTOROLA apps,I know there's at least one that you can't quarantine/disable, w/o affecting the email &/or G-MAIL apps.
    Can't remember which one it was, but, it'd be easy enough to figure out.
    I'll BRB, gonna take a look & see which one it was that gave me issues when disabled......
    Edit:

I believe it was MotoEmailConfig.
  11. PrinceCorwin

PrinceCorwin Well-Known Member

New xyboard user. Anyone know about custom ROMs for a rooted xyboard 10.1?
  12. KOLIO

Other than root access,there isn't much,if anything to be found for the XYBOARD.You could try your luck @ XDA-DEVELOPERS or XOOMFORUMS.
    PrinceCorwin likes this.