Root your updated LG Marquee phone step by step.

1. leechris

leechris New Member

I followed the step by step to return to stock on my lg marquee from boost. But everytime I get to where the update launcher comes up it asked to load the kdz file before I can update. I can't find the the file. I downloaded all the proper files to do this. I need help and I'm trying to root since I lost root after the zv4 update. Can anybody throw a life line?????
  2. quelloforte1

quelloforte1 New Member

Worked Perfectly on my Boost Phone!! Thank you!!
  3. MissMira

MissMira Member

for sum reason I cant get pass step 6 bcuz after i right click windows enabler I dont get run as administrator opyion... please help
  4. MissMira

MissMira Member

uuughhhh I need a video tutorial cuz im jux not gettin it
  5. eruisi

eruisi Active Member

Finally I succeeded in rooting this phone and installed CWM and custom ROM.
    As op said, it's just a timing issue, try multiple times and you will get it.

Thanks for the clear step by step guidance!
  6. qwertyegg

qwertyegg New Member

it works for my sprint lg marquee lg855zvc, thanks! great job!
  7. scirado

scirado New Member

The root worked flawless. I am only able to tether with android wifi tether. and when I try to turn on the wifi hotspot it wants to update profile. it does update profile but still will not turn on the hotspot.:confused: is there another way, another app that I can download. I tried quick settings, mifi hotspot. they dont work. Its wierd that I can with one but not the other. lol If anyone knows? HELP!! lol
  8. MissMira

MissMira Member

ok so my phone is stuck in the continuous boot loop after running the update. update was successful but the hold the volume down + the power on button until your phone boots into the factory recovery manager thing isnt workin... plase help!!!
  9. MissMira

MissMira Member

Im havin the same problem...
  10. Claw22000

Claw22000 Member

Worked like a charm! Thanks so much!

DrClaw
  11. realizm

realizm Well-Known Member

Ok, I got the timing down but how long should that first boot take? Just trying to decide if I should power off and go into recovery....
  12. modronin

modronin Member

If I get a message saying "Model not supporting S/W update" what am I doing wrong?
  13. tdm

tdm Well-Known Member

Got my zvc downgraded with this guide. I've never used this tool before and I got stuck because my phone kept stopping at the charge screen. That won't work. So don't be an idiot like me, unplug the usb cable, turn the phone on,.then plug it back in. :)

Also, any old pc will work. I used an old t42 laptop with a single 1.4ghz core and 1.5gb ram, running a fresh copy of win7pro.
  14. tamiller81

tamiller81 New Member

Thank you so much for this! Went off without a hitch! Just one question, does anyone know if it is safe to use Cyanogen Mod with this phone now?
    Thanks,
    Tom
  15. tdm

tdm Well-Known Member

It looks like craptorman's cm7 is missing cell service but I haven't tried myself. I'm going to try building cm9 this week.
  16. joeycmb

joeycmb Well-Known Member

this treat really really work.......my problem was drivers on my lapt (out of date) so i run driver checker softw on my laptop detect new+ install updates reboot .....Run KDZ_FW_UPD BiNgO working ......thanks :D jaybps
  17. inkrypted

inkrypted Guest

I successfully rooted my phone but now I cannot make or sometimes receive calls. It just acts like that part of the phone locks up. Any help would be appreciated.
    *Update*
    I can make calls it just takes like ten minutes for them to go through. I am using the hyper kernel 1.0 cause I heard that 1.5 has bugs.
  18. prpapi22

prpapi22 New Member

I am on boost, when I did the steps it started as a Sprint phone. Any way of changing back to boost because I can't sent picture messages. Thanks a lot for the steps, very clear and precise!
  19. tdm

tdm Well-Known Member

I'm on sprint zv9 and thought I'd stay there until I get either cm7 or cm9 running acceptably well. But that may take a couple more weeks (see cm7 thread for progress). In the meantime, I have two questions/issues.

Who made the cwm recovery for the marquee and do they have sources available? I would like to enable adb, wifi, sshd, and look into touch control.

If I install the rooted zvc image, will it quit pestering me to upgrade? It's a minor but very persistent annoyance.
  20. sik00

sik00 Well-Known Member

PlayfulGod was the guy who got it rolling..the original thread was over on xda here.

Try this for sources

And ya, installing the rooted ZVC will stop the pestering.
    tdm likes this.
  21. blakew7622

blakew7622 New Member

im stuck on step 14 my pc is win 64 bit and i have boost.i got stuck in the loop but did the factory rest and works fine it boots up to sprint but im having the issue when i try to root, all the drop down text say not reconised please help i followed all the steps, also noob question when i boot up it asked to update i haven't yet because it wasn't in the any of the steps please help.
  22. Jaybps3

Jaybps3 Active Member

Sometimes it can take a couple times to get the root to work. I've done a few phones now sometimes you have to reboot your phone then plug it into the computer a couple times. If it don't work unplug the phone from the usb and plug it back in, make sure your set to usb debugging.

It can take a couple tries but it will go thru. Once your rooted you can install the CWM recovery and then install the rooted boost.
  23. pedro524

pedro524 New Member

I first must thank all those who made this method possible. Second, i must say hello to my fellow forum members because it has been a very long time since my last post. Since my last post i upgraded to the marquee, from the cricket samsung admire/vitality. It took me about 12 times before i finally got it to work but after the exploit latched on the rest was easy. The only problem i have is that there are so many steps. This is not a rooting method for the weak because your looking to possibly do some serious damge by not paying attention & following the intructions to the letter. But other than that i am satisfied with the results of the root. I only wish that there were some serious roms/themes out there. If anybody knws where they are plz plz post it. Once again thanks!!!!!!!!
  24. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member

Glad you got it rooted. As for the ROMs, we have MB, CTMod and a few OC kernels so far. CM7 is being worked on and a few others may be on the way. I have a feeling that we'll see a few more before long. ;)
  25. tdm

tdm Well-Known Member

I just installed the rooted ZVC because I couldn't stand the upgrade pestering any longer and CM7 is being difficult. Worked great.

However, I noticed that busybox is set suid-root. That is not necessary or desirable, I chmod'd it back to 755.