• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root your VZW Samsung Gtab SCH-1800 on 2.3.5 GB

Hi all,

New to the forums here but i keep seeing people asking if they can root there VZW Samsung Galaxy 7 SCH-1800 Tab on 2.3.5 Gingerbread. I just rooted mine yesterday with Cubed 3 ROM, WORKS GREAT!!

Now I take no props for any of this just created a zip folder with all the Apps/ROM you need to root the tab to make it a bit easier for people.

Thanks to dsb9938 and all who worked on it for the great ROM!!

Zip includes
-[ROM][CDMA/VZW][GB 2.3.5 EI04+TW4+OC]Galaxy Cubed 3[Full Rebuild 11.21.11]
-Heimdall Suite 1.1.1 (Binaries) for Windows
-Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Hey,

Let me know how everything works out for you. Cubed 3 is great on my GTab 7!

Greetings Digitalcreep,

thank you for posting this. I have tried superoneclick, z4root, and gingerbreak to no success.

I would like to ask where can I get the files that you zipped? The link to megaupload is no longer available. Please advice. Thanks

I have the verizon samsung galaxy tab 7 as well

Upvote 0
Reactions: luisny
Upvote 0
Hi all,

New to the forums here but i keep seeing people asking if they can root there VZW Samsung Galaxy 7 SCH-1800 Tab on 2.3.5 Gingerbread. I just rooted mine yesterday with Cubed 3 ROM, WORKS GREAT!!

Now I take no props for any of this just created a zip folder with all the Apps/ROM you need to root the tab to make it a bit easier for people.

Thanks to dsb9938 and all who worked on it for the great ROM!!

Zip includes
-[ROM][CDMA/VZW][GB 2.3.5 EI04+TW4+OC]Galaxy Cubed 3[Full Rebuild 11.21.11]
-Heimdall Suite 1.1.1 (Binaries) for Windows
-Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Can you give better instructions on how to do this cause its not working for me. I put my device on download mode and open Zadig and install the driver just fine but the problem is in Heimdall. I add ll the files in Heimdall but when I press Start it fails. I attached a screenshot

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 727
Upvote 0
After trying a number of different approaches to root my SCH-i800 2.3.5 galaxy tab, a variation of this procedure helped me accomplish this daunting task (daunting for us noobs). However, my device is a US Cellular device and it's now splashed all over with VZW stuff. I used the cubed3 files and am wondering if i could simply replace the kernel one with a US Cellular kernel, assuming that's the one that has all the carrier specific info & theme i.e. during boot up, etc? Or am i better off just searching for a US Cellular ROM?

any thoughts? i have searched the forums, but could not find much on uscellular galaxy tab.

Upvote 0
Oh man, I tried to root my tab but after using the heimdell and reboot, it doesn't go all the way to the active homescreen. It just freezes to the initial Samsung screen and no longer boot all the way where you see Verizon start-up. I gonna have to take my tab to an expert.

Boot into recovery (power button + volume up) and clear cache, data and davlik cache, reboot.

Note that it might take some time to boot, so be patient.

Reactions: luisny
Upvote 0
After trying a number of different approaches to root my SCH-i800 2.3.5 galaxy tab, a variation of this procedure helped me accomplish this daunting task (daunting for us noobs). However, my device is a US Cellular device and it's now splashed all over with VZW stuff. I used the cubed3 files and am wondering if i could simply replace the kernel one with a US Cellular kernel, assuming that's the one that has all the carrier specific info & theme i.e. during boot up, etc? Or am i better off just searching for a US Cellular ROM?

any thoughts? i have searched the forums, but could not find much on uscellular galaxy tab.

You can't just use any kernel. The cube3d kernel has been patched with cwr. You best bet is to find a patch that would rebrand your device to us cellular, or find a rom which was made for the us cellular branded tablet.

Note that aside from the wrong branding, the tablet should still work normally.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones