Root

1. jtcanales

jtcanales Well-Known Member

Has anyone rooted the hauwei mytouch yet.....

Advertisement
  2. kadimi

kadimi Well-Known Member

Nothing officiel but there are people trying to root this device on xda-developpers.
    jtcanales likes this.
  3. jac6387

jac6387 Member

No Clue. I saw this topic on XDA where someone asked about rooting it.

Mytouch Q (Huawei) - xda-developers

I believe that they suggested Super1Click or Gingerbreak to root, but I haven't tried it yet. Haven't gotten my phone yet and I'm hoping to not brick it on day 1 so I'm hoping someone else has attempted something succesfully.
  4. jtcanales

I've already tried the Super1click and nothing happened havent tried the gingerbreak yet though.....:)
  5. jac6387

jac6387 Member

So any luck with ginger break?
  6. jtcanales

No luck with gingerbreak either still finding for rooting...it looks like no one is working on this phone yet, but I havent giving up just yet.
  7. jac6387

jac6387 Member

Bummer. I guess it's less than a month old so it could take some time. Guess I'll keep looking too.
  8. jtcanales

Anyone gonna ever root this phone??? U8680
  9. jac6387

jac6387 Member

10. jac6387

jac6387 Member

Just tried the method their (extremely fast and simple) and RootChecker now verifies that I have root access. Now the question that remains is how to remove the bloatware.
  11. jtcanales

Thanks alot for the info I will try it out and I will let you know if I got root access.
  12. jtcanales

Very happy I was able to root my Huawei Mytouch 4G
  13. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

Hi all!

I've merged a few threads together that dealt with the same topic. Some posts were removed because the posts in question didn't make much sense with the newly merged thread.

Thanks!
    jtcanales likes this.
  14. ibnbazooka

ibnbazooka New Member

can any one upload a cwm backup for huawei 4g u8680 my phone is in a bootloop please
  15. bubkusjones

bubkusjones Well-Known Member