• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root?

All phones can be rooted using adb (and a little reding up about rooting on the web).

Is there a "one-click" method for that phone? Maybe, but ae you really willing to trust your phone to some guy you never met and who might be writing code just to cause people to brick their phones?

Learn what rooting is (it shouldn't take you half an hour) and you'll know what you're doing, why you're doing it and what to do if it doesn't work.

Upvote 0
I could consider myself advanced when it comes to operating systems, but I'm still not on the level of unlocking anything. If I had the time I'd do my best to put forth an effort in learning what is needed to do so, but that is not possible at this point of time. The funny thing is I've seen a few root methods that were found by multiple trial and error or by complete mistake.

Upvote 0
bbA5iCXLrXhIze3oWeHtbDX6zTw1UScMxV6aKPvVatM=w352-h587

Reactions: jackroo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones