Root

1. timbre

timbre Well-Known Member

My phone is struck at the galaxy s4 splash and wont go anyfurther. I'm going to try and reroot and/or flash. Is there a more recent root guide than april 2013?

Advertisement
    :
  2. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Guides Guide

Download cf autoroot made for l720 found CF-Root Download and odin it as pda. Profit. ;)
  3. timbre

timbre Well-Known Member

Odin doesn't seem to be getting past setup connection and fails.
  4. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Guides Guide

Okay stop there..
  5. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Guides Guide

Firstly you must get drivers.. one sec.
  6. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Guides Guide

7. timbre

timbre Well-Known Member

That's kies, and it's not working. I had drivers on before and they were working, at least the phone showed up as successfully installed, not there's a problem with drivers.
  8. timbre

timbre Well-Known Member

ok, took kies out and left the dirvers and now is installed
  9. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Guides Guide

And then odin the cf autoroot in pda slot. I just tested that odin sets up and reads my com port. ;)
  10. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Guides Guide

Quick tip.. after root you can grab a recovery like cwm or twrp with rom installer from the playstore. It will even flash it and you can boot to recovery from the little power button within the app. ;)
  11. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Guides Guide

Im going to make a video root tutorial in like ten minutes. So if you just lik to wait... thats koo too ;)
  12. timbre

timbre Well-Known Member

nope, not working
  13. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Dais, just a hint. Kies never really closes unless you kill it in Task Manager. If you run it to install drivers, then run Odin, they conflict. Samsung has the driver at SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones

Timber, let's start again. Does Odin recognize the phone and give you a port number (other than 0)? If it doesn't, it's a driver/Odin/microUSB port/cable problem. If it does, if you've updated to 4.4 you're going to have a problem.
    timbre likes this.
  14. timbre

timbre Well-Known Member

I got FreeGS4-v3.0.0SPR-Clark44.zip loaded thru recovery and says im now on 4.2. Im happy with this but id still eventually like to put a more recently updated rom on. Odin never did work.
  15. timbre

timbre Well-Known Member

It did read my phone and would start to install then get stuck at system every time.
  16. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Guides Guide

I am sorry. I didn't say run kies. I simply gave a link to the official drivers. Yes kies is also tied to that site. But as I thought you should still be able to download and install the drivers.

Thanks anyway. I was busy making a tutorial yesterday. ;)
    timbre likes this.