• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Yea... I don't. We all have US version. I have t mobile. They are the easiest carrier to work with as far as unlocking the bootloader is concerned.
Well if you have an international that has an unlockable bootloader, all you need for root is TWRP and the supersu zip file. Flash that in recovery and you have root.
That is the beauty of an unlocked bootloader.

Upvote 0
Ok so I'm continuing research on this and i cannot find answers. From what i understand my bootloader on my international g4 is unlockable but doesnt come unlocked. One thing I'm trying to research is whether or not there will ultimately be a one-click method of rooting that would also include unlocking the bootloader too? I dont have a computer (phone is my computer) so im hoping for a relatively easy way for rooting

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones