• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted 1.6 Kernel For Behold 2

I Have a Work around for Root.. But you get a $ in terminal, you have to SU in terminal to use the commands & Honestly this is how it should be, ADB push / pull still works and you can now Replace any bin file you wish on a live running system, just stay away from SH symlink :D... Doing preliminary testing right now, but it's look good.

Reactions: paul89
Upvote 0
Confirmed... Root is now Fixed....

I have alot of other Option I added into the Kernel init.rc regard CPU power setting, plus other things I still need to test, overall it very nice so far....

I'm going to Finish testing for today & if I like it enough & / Or shows no draw backs I'll get the New Recovery & Kernel Posted...

Reactions: paul89 and chadmd23
Upvote 0
Thanks for all your work.

I just ODIN the rev3 kernel, but I didn't expect it to go so quickly and I looked away... the phone rebooted, but I don't know if there was an error or if everything went fine...

Is there a way to confirm that it installed the new kernel? Under about phone it says the kernel version is:
root@sep-51 #1

Upvote 0
Thanks for all your work.

I just ODIN the rev3 kernel, but I didn't expect it to go so quickly and I looked away... the phone rebooted, but I don't know if there was an error or if everything went fine...

Is there a way to confirm that it installed the new kernel? Under about phone it says the kernel version is:
root@sep-51 #1

Its fast because its just the kernel. Easy check if ODIN says Pass or fail.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones