Rooted 2.1 - Any ROMs that fix BT issues?

Last Updated:

1. cephraim

cephraim Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Now that 2.1 is rooted, has anyone found a ROM that fixes the bluetooth issues?

Advertisement
  2. nodrogkam

nodrogkam Well-Known Member

i've been using fresh 2.1.1
    i can...send/receive files and use two different bt headsets.
    i could probably do tethering too if i wanted to.

3. cephraim

cephraim Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Did you start with the 2.1 RUU? Or, doesn't it matter? (forgive my noob-to-root question).

Thanks

4. nodrogkam

nodrogkam Well-Known Member

Fresh 2.1.1 rom is built on the official 2.1 RUU (but not the latest one released on 6/4).

When you flash a rom you usually need to wipe your device and the rom will replace everything. Just like formatting your PC to re-do the OS or put a different OS onto it.

When flashing any rom, you'll be using whatever OS the developer based their rom on.
    Being rooted just affords you the flexibility to flash whatever roms you like.

For instance I had the official 1.5 ruu installed and rooted that (because 2.1 has yet to be realized), but i can flash any rom made for my device. The system shows that I am running 2.1 and the marketplace lets me download programs compatible with 2.1.

I also want to say that you need to know how to boot into recovery mode in order to flash some/all roms. You should also learn how to do it so you can do a nandroid backup before ever trying to flash new roms, so you can go easily go back to your old OS without having to re-do all your settings etc. I do a nandroid backup at least once a week, even if i don't modify anything. Our phones are mini computers and should be treated as such - back up.