Rooted and deodexed but.....

Last Updated:

1. BIG CAT 7

BIG CAT 7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am rooted and deodexed on the OTA but have a question. Knowing that sometime in the future there will be an update or even a new OS coming (Way in the future) Will I be able to flash back to the original OTA in able to get the update?

My problem is I removed bloatware and never backed up everything till after I was already done. How would I be able to go back to just the stock OTA unrooted? Would I be able to run the OTA (new) update with what I have now? Minus the bloatware? Just curious, if anyone can give me some insight on it then I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Usually, you would just wait a few days for the developers to snag the update and do their thing. Then they post the update with bloat removed, rooted, deodexed, etc. for you to load on your device.

Otherwise, you would probably have to .sbf back to 2.2 to get the new OTA, but you will lose root and deodex.

3. BIG CAT 7

Is there a 2.2 sbf? Not worried about losing root and deodexing but was worried that I wasn't going to be able to go back to stock 2.2 OTA. Is it out there?

How would i go about sbf back to 2.2 and what exactly does sbf mean?

4. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

There is indeed a 2.2 sbf file:

***TBH announces Droid X 2.2 System SBF and RSDLite 4.8*** - Android Forums

Using the flash utility RSD Lite, you flash your Motorola device with a file (sbf) to restore it. Unfortunately, this 2.2 sbf file isn't a full system/bootloader file, it just contains the system files. Since you are already on OTA 2.2 though, you already have the updated 2.2 bootloader, so flashing the 2.2 sbf will just restore your system files to stock (unrooted and back to odexed).

BIG CAT 7 likes this.
  5. BIG CAT 7

Thank you kind sir. That was exactly the info I was looking for..