Rooted and NAND Unlocked - ROM Manager Will Not Flash Recovery

Last Updated:

1. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 Member This Topic's Starter

I used the Simple Root Technique completely. My phone is done. (used Simple Root 1, not OTA)

Now, I'm trying to backup my phone with ROM Manager and then flash a ROM. (is this needed?)

I downloaded ROM Manager and when I click "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" (to set it up on my phone) it gives me "An Error Occurred While Trying to Run Privileged Commands!"

WHAT IS GOING ON????

After I rebooted after the Flash Recovery in step 3 (which I thought installed Clockwork..or maybe not, I don't know) it gave me the option of putting data that was backed up onto my phone from the SD card....I said "Cancel" instead of allowing it. Was that a mistake?? Do I need to redo this entire process from scratch?? What am I doing wrong?

If I don't need ROM Manager, then how do I enter Clockwork without it (from the 3rd step/process from Simple Root)? Am I doing an unnecessary step here by downloading ROM Manager? What exactly did Flashing Recovery in Step 3 of Simple Root do? Should I just flash a ROM over what I have? I am completely new to this...so..

Please help.

Yes, I am unplugged from my PC when doing this. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. autorail1

autorail1 Well-Known Member

Is there an option on the top of simple root for extras or something like that drop that down and click flash recovery.

3. nbakid2000

No, there is no option in Simple Root for that. That option exists in OTA Simple Root only. Should I just skip Step 3 and do ROM Manager straight after the first 2 steps?

4. tjwoo

tjwoo Well-Known Member

Do you have a superuser app listed in your apps?
    I believe you're still in stock (though rooted) rom, so you should just flash a custom ROM (recommended).
    Just go ahead and plug in your phone to pc again, and click on step 3 and flash into recovery. You can backup your stock rom through nand backup so you can set a reset point. Then go ahead and flash a ROM from whatever custom rom.zip you have pushed onto your sd card.
    Remember to wipe data, dalvik, cache

5. nbakid2000

I do NOT have a "super user" app listed.

Sorry, I'm still a little confused here (as I am total newb at this).

Where do I get Nand backup? Is that an app I can get from the market? What will happen when I press Step 3 and flash into Recovery...will it give me a menu and then I can choose to load a new ROM through there (if I have it on the root of the SD card)? I think I saw that menu last time I did it.

So basically...should I just forget ROM Manager for now? Should I just load a new ROM onto my SD Card and then flash into Recovery mode and load it from there? Is there a particular guide I should be following?

Thanks.

6. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

7. nahpungnome

nahpungnome Well-Known Member

Yep, you need a non-stock rooted ROM for ROM manager to work. The first thing I did after the Simple Root method was to download a terminal emulator to make sure that I could get 'su' access, which it did.

I then loaded up ClockWork recovery from the batch file in the same folder as the Simple Root application. After that, I went into recovery, backed up my stock rooted ROM, then flashed the latest radio, Fresh 1.01, then the Wimax radio in that order.

8. nbakid2000

Section 5 is only for 1.47

I am running 1.32.

I guess I'll try this the hard way...all over from scratch. This SUCKS.