1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Rooted and Recovery

1. brizey

brizey Well-Known Member

Thanks to hbwelch over at the Acer Tablet Forum, this tablet has root, and unlocked bootloader and a recovery.

Advertisement
    kenji57 likes this.
  2. Diversebydesign

Diversebydesign Well-Known Member

Although the news and info on this is appreciated... a link would have been nice. :D And which is better, the root info at rootzwiki or the info at the Acer forum?

I am actually kinda surprised that this portion of the forum (All things root) for this device is rather bare. I expected to see at least a few threads here. :confused:
  3. Diversebydesign

After some further thought, I figured I would just post the links.. :D

This is a simpleroot method and works very well and is very quick and easy!

Simple Root Link

There is also a thread for a simple recovery (CWM) as well. Find that here:

Simple Recovery (CWM)

That should do it. If I find anything else worth-while I will post it here. I just got my Iconia last night and it is a great tablet for the price. Matter of fact, it is better than many of the more expensive tablets on the market, especially with the expandable memory (microsd slot) which many of them do not have!

enjoy
    kenji57 likes this.
  4. kenji57

kenji57 Well-Known Member

It probably shows that most A200 users are pretty happy. We have the screenshot feature, so don't need root for that.

We don't have the silly folders that Acer set on the A500 for grouping apps on the home screen (games, social, reading etc) that you need root to delete.

On the whole, life is good for A200 owners. I just came looking here cos I'm considering rolling back to 3.2.1 if I can't find a fix to run Asphalt 6 on ICS.

The root and recovery seem ridiculously simple, a real credit to the developer(s) who cracked it.
  5. hbwelch

hbwelch New Member

hello!
  6. kenji57

kenji57 Well-Known Member

Hey, hbwelch, we were just talking about you (assuming you are the same hbwelch as on that other forum we're probably not allowed to mention).

Outstanding effort on the A200 root, though as I wrote earlier I haven't tried it myself yet, I'm reasonably happy with the stock system so far.
  7. Diversebydesign

I agree. For the most part any of the complaints that I have seen about the A200 I have been unable to agree with since owning it now for about a week and a half. You have a point about rooting as well I think. I usually root everything I get my hands on, but I have yet to root my A200 even though it is entirely possible to do so. I just have yet to have that need for it.

Really? Asphalt 6 will not run on ICS? I don't play it so I wasn't aware. I know there are certain apps that have some slight snafus with the new OS when it comes out, but I guess I just never expected something as big as Asphalt to have any issues? No fix on the horizon?

You would really downgrade just for a game? You must play it A LOT.