• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root (rooted)(bootloader unlocked) cwm recovery and running cyanogenmod 10.2(4.4.2 kitkat)

1401088352676.jpg

Check out the apk in the picture

I may be wrong but I'm thinking if someone would download and install that apk in cm11, WiFi should turn on .

Upvote 0
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5GrU4SiYzRkVkJ6MkMwWnFXaFU/edit?usp=docslist_api

Said apk.

Destroyed phone couple weeks ago. Got free replacement today. Cant connect to fastboot to unlock bootloader :banghead:

Thanks for the link, it says I need permission to download it?
Is there another way to download it? Or link to where you found the file?

As to getting fastboot working. I have a special computer set up for fastboot, win 7 32 bit. I had trouble to get it to work too, downloaded full package and all types of stuff. Maybe research it, try unloading drivers from huawei. My regular pc as huawei drivers on it.

Once you get the fastboot working, let us know if you can get wifi working with kitkat. Thanks

Upvote 0
I uploaded to Google drive. Link couple replies above. Trying to change permissions of folder so others can download. Can't do it from phone app. As soon as I get to computer I'll make it public

I figured, what the hell, why don't I try kitkat again, and maybe this file will work on carbon kitkat rom. So I reloaded cwm back on valiant, and did the carbon kitkat zip and googleapps.zip and they worked liked before.
I had a problem with your zip file. It wouldn't accept it. I tried it both ways with unsigned and signed settings. It's a no go.

Upvote 0
I only made it a zip file to make it easier to upload, instead of upload all that shit individually. not intended to be installed from recovery.

in the zip are several apk files from the /system folder in stock valiant 4.1.1 rom that I copied to sdcard, compressed it with file manager. I'm trying to upload all the WiFi folders, scripts and configs so maybe one of you can figure it out as I have no computer at moment.

Upvote 0
I only made it a zip file to make it easier to upload, instead of upload all that shit individually. not intended to be installed from recovery.

in the zip are several apk files from the /system folder in stock valiant 4.1.1 rom that I copied to sdcard, compressed it with file manager. I'm trying to upload all the WiFi folders, scripts and configs so maybe one of you can figure it out as I have no computer at moment.

oh, lol, it was not clear what you had done. If I had known that, I wouldn't have reloaded kitkat. I thought you took files from internet that were from compatiable wifi module for kitkat.

I did try using titaium backup to restore 4.1.1 dealing with wifi onto kitkat and that didn't work.

We need to find compatiable kitkat wifi drivers that would work for whatever wifi chip the valiant has.

Upvote 0
Danbarrr
Who knows, maybe someone can do something with those files. My root explorer program didn't work, so I couldn't place them in system or app folder.
I did try using titiaum backup to transfer the wifi/bluetooth stuff and it didn't work.
Hopefully you will get your computer up and running and can join in on the fun.

Upvote 0
Well, if I can get my hands on a stock Valiant, I will start pushing again.

I would love to get KitKat on this little puppy... As is, I've hacked mine to bits to squeeze more out of it.

The ROM that is here, the deodexed one, should work with the huawei theme engine disabled in your build.prop file

Upvote 0
deaddude i am 100% down to send you my valiant so you can make a way to unlock bootloader and install recovery,roms,mods,etc. i have ran circles to try to unlock this bootloader. my valiant is rooted. but the wifi and bluetooth have never worked on the phone. they are either grayed out or go back to the "off" position, never enabling. the problem is if i send it to you i will be without any phone. maybe we can do something. the reason i am trying to install recovery/rom in the first is because thats what i do, but mostly its a possible wifi/bluetooth software fix. if it is a software problem.

p.s. you'll need a battery. mine just took a dump.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones