• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ROOTED but not ROOTED

DreaMarie15

Dec 5, 2016
Hi.
I recently just tried to root my s7 using z4root and it failed to root my phone due to (unfortunately z4root has suddenly stopped working) before it was completed.
Soon after, about 5 mins or so, i recieved a message from samsung+ stating that my device was rooted.
I then installed root my android (root checker) and was told that my device is not rooted.
Im confused on what the problem could be.

Could someone please give any tips on what i could do to actually determine if root was successful??

Thanks!

Nope.
Reboot was a no go.
For some reason it just keeps saying
(Z4root has suddenly stopped working.)
So basically, it doesnt even complete the root process. it just stops but then samsung+ sends me a message that states my device is rooted.
But using a root checker from the play store, it says its not rooted.

So, here i am.... back to square one.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Honestly, its because i dont have a computer. theres no hidden reason as to why i wont use one. just dont have access. i have a tablet and tried using that to flash my s7 but that was a no go either.
Im working on iroot right now. i googled it and found a couple that seem a little different from eachother.... as far as what ive read.
I will try iroot now and let you know.
Thanks.

Upvote 0
You might want to make sure you are using the latest version of Kingroot--5.0. Earlier versions will no longer root your phone because they are too easy to remove with SuperSu Me or manual instructions. Version 5.0 can be uninstalled completely but not without losing root. There is no method to replace it with SuperSu that currently works. Kingroot is only recommended if you are very desperate and cannot root with a computer. It does work, especially for Samsung Phones, but it probably won't unlock your bootloader (so no custom recovery) meaning you will need to use Flashify to flash zips. It will also hit you with pop-up ads, install other software on your phone (or computer if you use the computer version) and deny root access to apps that it doesn't like. I can't emphasize enough that Kingroot should only be used as a last resort if you are desperate to be rooted and have no other method. Kingroot works but it acts much more like malware than a normal Android program.

Upvote 0
I imagine that lvt was just thinking that the more reliable rooting methods all use a computer, so insisting on using one of these apps seemed to be handicapping yourself.

These apps all rely on unpatched security bugs, so the newer the phone/software the less likely they are to work. Also many of them install unwanted stuff that sends information from your phone to servers in China, so I'd usually say to avoid unless you have no alternative.

Upvote 0
The amazing thing is that the most popular Antivirus App on Android is 360 Security, which is also Chinese and sends who knows what information to China. Kingroot 5.0 will probably work on her phone but earlier versions won't--not because of the age of the phone but because Kingroot doesn't want them to work. I have an old crap Android phone that I bought at a thrift shop to play with. There is no root method on a computer because the phone is so obscure there was no Android development for it. I intentionally tried to root with Kingroot 4.5 and 4.8 because I knew those could be replaced with SuperSu Me. Root failed. As soon as I installed Kingroot 5.0 root succeeded--and this is an old phone running Lollipop, so there is no reason for the older versions of Kingroot to not work besides the company making sure they would not work.

Upvote 0
I'm used to almost everything being Chinese, and information to China.
Chinese phones being sold at Best Buy under the brand name Blu were confirmed to have spyware preinstalled on them that sent info to China. This wasn't telemetry information like people got in a lather about Microsoft collecting. Contacts, email contents, and text messaging contents were all sent to China. If you are OK with this I think you're nuts, but to each his own.

Upvote 0
Pretty much dead on with both views and ty to both. its really appreciated.
But heres where im at now....
Iroot - fail
At this point I'm beginning to think that maybe, just maybe, its myself thats the problem. lol sorry, can't help but to laugh a little bit.
Dont get me wrong, i did my homework on the whole root process.
This would be my 2nd attempt to be quite honest.
I got stuck in a bootloop for several hrs... Maybe a little more than half a day and spent the whole time searching for a way to fix my mistake.
Fortunately, because it was stuck in this bootloop of restarting itself, i knew it wasnt bricked. so, i still had a chance without having to turn to a computer.
I tried many key combinations with some of them just being random but the only one that seemed to do anything was download mode.
I managed to get that far but anywhere else was a no go. thinking about it now, the only reason i would boot into download mode is if i were using a pc, right??
Using odin
Like i said before, this is my 2nd attempt. my 1st got me stuck in a bootloop that i did manage to get out of.
Thankfully.
This time around, i cant seem to find my way around it but giving up isnt an option.

Upvote 0
Pretty much dead on with both views and ty to both. its really appreciated.
But heres where im at now....
Iroot - fail
At this point I'm beginning to think that maybe, just maybe, its myself thats the problem. lol sorry, can't help but to laugh a little bit.
Dont get me wrong, i did my homework on the whole root process.
This would be my 2nd attempt to be quite honest.
I got stuck in a bootloop for several hrs... Maybe a little more than half a day and spent the whole time searching for a way to fix my mistake.
Fortunately, because it was stuck in this bootloop of restarting itself, i knew it wasnt bricked. so, i still had a chance without having to turn to a computer.
I tried many key combinations with some of them just being random but the only one that seemed to do anything was download mode.
I managed to get that far but anywhere else was a no go. thinking about it now, the only reason i would boot into download mode is if i were using a pc, right??
Using odin
Like i said before, this is my 2nd attempt. my 1st got me stuck in a bootloop that i did manage to get out of.
Thankfully.
This time around, i cant seem to find my way around it but giving up isnt an option.
Is there any reason why not just do it at some internet cafe? Do those still exist where you are? They do here in my country. You don't need to worry about viruses too since Android is immune to Windows viruses, and you'll factory reset anyway after flashing.

Upvote 0
Is there any reason why not just do it at some internet cafe? Do those still exist where you are? They do here in my country. You don't need to worry about viruses too since Android is immune to Windows viruses, and you'll factory reset anyway after flashing.
Not all Internet cafes give full computer access to users, there is always some sort of restriction. You must have admin rights to install drivers and configure the computer if needed.

If by chance you know the boss then it could another story [emoji12]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones