• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted captivate but still unable to uninstall bloatware

latria

Lurker
Oct 27, 2010
I rooted my Captivate tonight and I know how the superuser icon with android skull and crossbones. However neither Super Manager or ASTRO will allow me to uninstall the crapware on my phone.

Is there something I'm missing? I followed all the steps at XDA. So far I've tried to remove YPMobile, ATT Navigator, and ATT Maps.

Any suggestions? I tried searching this on google and this forum but didn't come up with anything.

Yep and I also read this
"restoring stock apps after deletion: If you accidentally deleted some of the stock apps and are now having problems, and would like to put them back, a file containing all of them can be found here.

I refuse to be held captive by bloatware. :)

This hasn't been proven to be a perfect 100% restore I don't believe. Plus it puts you at the mercy of someone else providing you files.

No one is saying you need to be "held captive". I don't like the bloatware either. However, I disable it... versus removing it. There is absolutely nothing to be gained by removing it. You don't get the free space back to use for something else, and the end result is the same... except you have the option to undo it at any time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones