• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rooted Cellcom M8 can't send pictures in MMS

gandelf

Feb 20, 2013
All communications works, except I can't send any pictures via mms no matter what size they are. Yes, I have a data and wifi connection. Cellcom's solution is like always, factory reset (the dumb button). Can anyone tell me what apps and services are required to send a pic via mms? I might have something (Google) frozen?

I mentioned rooting, because I have been known to tweak things until they are broke and then need to fix them. The APN settings are locked and not accessible with a Cellcom phone. I checked with Cellcom and all is good with our account. Attachment size is at 1 meg and I can't send any attachment no matter what size it is. I'm thinking I might have something frozen that is required?

Thanks for your reply.

Upvote 0
I was told today by Cellcom tech support, that the PRI version 6.03_066 is the wrong version. It's supposed to be version 6.02. They THINK it happened when the OS updated to 5.0.1? Cellcom wants to flash a new OS to my phone and as a result I will lose root. Is that the only solution to this problem?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones