• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rooted CM7: accesses internet but not app stores

chknhwk

Android Enthusiast
Apr 8, 2011
I've been researching but I can't find anybody having exactly the same issue I am. I recently fixed the broken charging port problem and now it charges fine, back to operation. Well, mostly. I remember before the port broke the gtab worked great, I had almost 100% functionality. I was able to access the play store and the Amazon appstore consistently, all my browsers worked and I was playing several games - overall I was VERY happy with my gtab.
Now after fixing the port (the device was out of commission for probably three months or more while I moved to a different state) niether the play store nor the Amazon app store will work. The play store simply tells me no connection and the Amazon app store doesn't open all the way. It shows I'm logged in and I can see my apps in the cloud but it won't download any of them.
I am rooted and running cyanogenmod7. What gives? Should I just wipe it and start over again?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones