• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted Desire updating question.

qprneil

Lurker
Sep 18, 2010
Hi I have rooted my phone and currently running DeFroST 2.7 Rom Android version 2.2, (did this back in early august) I basically would like to know what the current latest update for my HTC Desire is. Is there a newer DeFroST update out there or do i now update to Froyo 2.2? Also would like a pointer in direction of where to download the latest update from???

Defrost is on version 4.3 now. If you like defrost, stick with it. Take a backup with Rom manager and titanium too. Perhaps also mybackup free trial

The on your phone go to defrost setup.app and click the spanner tab. You can then download 4.3

Defrost is now.based on cyanogen rather than.open desire since 3.0 but I didn't need to.wipe so try without first

Reactions: qprneil
Upvote 0
Defrost is on version 4.3 now. If you like defrost, stick with it. Take a backup with Rom manager and titanium too. Perhaps also mybackup free trial

The on your phone go to defrost setup.app and click the spanner tab. You can then download 4.3

Defrost is now.based on cyanogen rather than.open desire since 3.0 but I didn't need to.wipe so try without first

Thanks danfrance. Will stick with DeFroST so definitely want to update to 4.3. On the DeFroST setup app the ROM update says DeFroST 3.5b, why does it not say 4.3?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones