Rooted Droid Eris Stock Messaging app Crashing!

Last Updated:

1. droid123eris

droid123eris New Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted my Droid Eris 2 days ago and have had multiple problems with it. The first problem was it wasn't receiving a signal at all. The 2nd problem I had was after I had wiped my device flashed the ROM and rebooted it kept saying htc.touch.input.app has encountered a problem and i had to force close it. Now it is not letting me get in to the stock messaging app to read any texts. Help?

Advertisement
  2. es0tericcha0s

es0tericcha0s Well-Known Member

It might be helpful if you let us know a little more background info about your phone and rom. Did you use the 1 Click Root app? Which Rom did you flash? Did you make sure to wipe BOTH the Factory and Dalvik Cache parts (Options 1 & 2 under Wipe)? It might also help if you just reboot and when the phone restarts, head to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Running (or ALL) Tab > Messaging > and Clear Data. That will reset the app essentially and might fix whatever issue it's giving you. If you have vital text messages stored that you need to access, you might want to wait on the that option until you let us know what else is going on.

droid123eris and doogald like this.
  3. droid123eris

droid123eris New Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry for getting back to you so late on this, but I just restarted it and wiped the Dalvik Cache and its working fine now. Thanks!!

4. es0tericcha0s

es0tericcha0s Well-Known Member

Good deal! And, you're welcome of course. Glad it was an easy fix...