Rooted Droid Not Letting Me Install ROMs

Last Updated:

1. DoTheRobot

DoTheRobot New Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 25, 2010
    I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what's wrong. I've rooted my phone, 2.2 with Clockworkmod Recovery. I've loaded up my sdcard with .zip files of a few ROMs I'd like to try, go through the whole process of loading up a new ROM, and every single time the phone boots back into the stock ROM.

I've had some success with loading up the given ROMs in ROM Manager- but I'm trying to install Smoked Glass 8 or Ultimate Droid, and those are not working.

Please help!!!

2. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010

this post will be very helpful in helping you install roms themes kernels etc...

When you are installing the roms are you putting the file onto the root of your SD card (root meaning not in any folders)

when you do that you should power the phone down, then reboot it holding down the X key on the hardware keyboard the whole time. this will bring you into recovery mode. I HIGHLY recomend performing a nandroid backup first that way if any issues come up you can just restore.

once youve created a nandroid backup you will reboot into recovery again by holding x and power again, you will now want to wipe cache as well as data. once thats done you will select apply once that runs reboot the phone, you should reboot into your new rom.

I recomend trying Petes, bugless beast v0.5 rom first before others since it is the most stable for majority of people and is also the most similar to stock while having all the benefits of a custom rom
  3. muab

muab Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Are you sure that you aren't getting the new ROM's flashed?

On a lot of them there isn't any big sign or anything telling you that you have flashed a new ROM.

To be sure go to settings >> About phone >> then scroll to the bottom where it says "Build Number".

If it has some weird name in there (like Bugless Beast) then you have been successful in flashing a new ROM.