Rooted Droid, running BB 0.4, how do i make OTA update go away?

Last Updated:

1. flyingcowofdoom

flyingcowofdoom New Member This Topic's Starter

I can't figure out how to make the "System update available" notification go away. I'm running BB 0.4 on my rooted droid and I don't want to install the OTA update. Help?

--FCOD

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

That's weird. Pete has always blocked the OTA updates before. I don't even remember how to do it manually. I'll have to see if I can go back and find out.

3. supersaki

supersaki Well-Known Member

Check in /system/app/ for systemupdater.apk. Try renaming that to systemupdater.apk.bak and see if the prompts go away.

4. StingRay

StingRay Well-Known Member

I haven't received a system update notification, but my battery just dropped thru the floor over the last couple of hours...looked up and I was at 5% at lunch...

thinking the battery usage may be a result of something trying to be pushed, otherwise I don't know what the heck is going on...

5. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Is that the old way that people used to fix it? If I remember correctly, one of those methods did not work right. It would end up breaking the update so the phone constantly thinks the update failed. This would cause the phone to continuously reconnect to the update server in the background which killed battery life. Might want to get a heads up on that method before trying it.

6. supersaki

supersaki Well-Known Member

If you are referring to my post, I pulled that info from cyanogen's wiki. the systemupdater.apk is "OTA updater for 'offical' ROMs (Not used by CM)"

If that's not there, it probably won't check. Also why I recommended renaming it to .bak instead of just deleting it altogether in case it produces undesirable effects.