• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted Evo Want to go back to stock rom, how?

status? able to get recovery now?

if not,try reinstalling it in hboot.

Followed directions in the dummies section, "Recoveries" for switching. Downloaded the RA PC36IMG file. Could not rename it on pc. Renamed it via file manager and it renamed fine. As I am looking at my SD card via usb to computer, the file did get renamed, BUT became unusable as it was doing on my pc. ARGH

Now as you've stated, reinstall hboot is the next obvious task. My head is about to crack open with a headache. Can you lead this blinded woman to where I can reinstall the hboot? I don't find it in the dummies handbook.

This has become such a challenge. Rooting initially with revolutionary was the easy part.

Upvote 0
Followed directions in the dummies section, "Recoveries" for switching. Downloaded the RA PC36IMG file. Could not rename it on pc. Renamed it via file manager and it renamed fine. As I am looking at my SD card via usb to computer, the file did get renamed, BUT became unusable as it was doing on my pc. ARGH

Now as you've stated, reinstall hboot is the next obvious task. My head is about to crack open with a headache. Can you lead this blinded woman to where I can reinstall the hboot? I don't find it in the dummies handbook.

This has become such a challenge. Rooting initially with revolutionary was the easy part.

Edit: I need to refresh my browser once in a while. LOL
Yes the file needs to be named PC36IMG.zip

No worries, we'll get you fixed up :)

What version of windows are you using?

Windows hides extensions by default, so the file may be named PC36IMG.zip.zip, which the hboot will not recognize. Try and use the file manager app while on your phone and see what it's name is from there. :)

Upvote 0
hmmm... instructions stated to rename entire file so it only reflects PC36IMG.

Oh wait... this may be my error as I have chosen all file extensions to show on my pc. Let me go get that back in and run it..... holding my breath....

YES!!!! Pandora jumps up and down clapping and smiling with craziness!

Thank you Dustwun77 for the extra eyes on the zip file assoc. I have always had my file extension shownand it was simply an over-site on my part.

Now I'll get my root grooving on this weekend :)

This is the best forum.. what makes it the best it the fast accurate help from members that are willing to keep helping effortlessly!! :)

Upvote 0
Glad you got it!

What is that Ocn always says? "Now go and get your flash on!" :p

21706506.jpg
ON!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones