• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rooted Galaxy SII (i9100) hangs on boot

YossiD

Feb 13, 2012
From time to time my rooted Galaxy SII (i9100) hangs on boot, getting stuck on the Samsung boot screen with yellow "caution" triangle.

So far the only solution I've found is to perform a full restore using CWM (fortunately I keep a fairly recent backup). I have tried using Advanced Restore to restore only Boot, System, and Cache (one by one) but none of those works. Only a full restore does the trick.

I have not tried the Data or Sd-ext options of Advanced Restore, since restoring Data only doesn't really help me, and I'm not sure what the Sd-ext restore does, and I don't want to endanger anything that's on my external SD card.

Even though my backup keeps me going, it's quite a nuisance and I'd really like to know what's going on.

After today's restore, the clock/calendar on my phone has reset to 1 Jan 2000, which is rather curious. That's never happened before.

Phone info:
Android 4.1.2 - stock ROM
Kernel: 3.0.31-Jeboo_Kernel_v1.2a+
Build number JZ054K.I9100TJILS6
CWM v6.0.2.7

Any ideas?

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones