Rooted hero with bluetooth problems

Last Updated:

1. douglaslem88

douglaslem88 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i rooted my daughter's sprint hero and installed 1.1 fresh rom. now her phone won't connect via bluetooth with her car. it worked fine before rooting. is there a fix?

Advertisement
  2. cirehawk

cirehawk Well-Known Member

I flashed Fresh earlier today and had this same issue. I went into the wifi settings and saw that it was paired but not connected. I selected it and it connected (it failed the first time, but I tried it again and it connected). Since then, it has continued to connect. Hope that helps.

3. douglaslem88

douglaslem88 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks, i will have her give it a try

4. annemania

annemania Member

I have this same problem with my htc hero showing paired up with my car bluetooth but not connected and wont connect. I'm sorry I'm new and do not understand what "root" or "flash" mean. Please explain in simple terms. Thank you.

5. cirehawk

cirehawk Well-Known Member

Annemania, rooting the phone is merely a process that gives you full permissions (root in linux terms is like admin in windows terms) to your phone. It doesn't change anything by itself, it just allows you to make changes should you choose to (which is really the point of rooting). Once rooted, to "flash" the phone is a process in which you can replace the standard Hero ROM with customized ROM's that other's have created. These ROM's are based on the original Hero ROM, but have been tweaked in various ways to make them work better.