• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rooted HTC Evo Design 4G Boost Mobile with wifi hotspot successfully

tuanngnt

Oct 27, 2012
Hi,

Has anyone enable WIFI HOTSPOT successfully on your ROOTED evo design phone for tablet and pc to use the internet from the phone?

If successfully:
1) what software do you use (wireless tether, barnacle, etc.)?
2) Will you able to connect at 4G level not 3G on your phone?
3) Does your tablet or PC get internet from your phone successfully?

My HTC evo design is not rooted yet; I just want to root it for wifi hotspot feature. Currently I am not able to connect through wifi hotspot or bluetooth successfully between my phone & PC using foxfi & pdanet.

I personally haven't had a problem with rooted tethering...though it was a bit tricky to get it going for the first min or so.

I use Barnacle - so far ive had it running on 3G. haven't tested wimax (my 4g coverage is spotty), but I doubt itll work....wouldnt hurt to try though.

the only issue is that at startup, you need to select 'skip NAT', or something along those lines..cant remember exactly what it was.
but after that you should be tethering w/out an issue.

i would like to try the built in hotspot to get 4G tethering going...but it's not worth the money to me.

Reactions: crlos
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones