Rooted HTC Incredible won't boot.

Last Updated:

1. ballhands76

ballhands76 Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted my HTC Droid Incredible with and it ran fine afterwards. Then I changed a couple of the files in /system/framework and that apparently was a bad idea, 'cause now my phone won't boot. It just stops at a white screen that says "HTC Incredible". I'd made backups of my system and programs through ClockworkMod and TitaniumBackup, but unlike when I screw something up with my Droid X, I never get a clockworkmod recovery screen with the Incredible.
    I can get to HBOOT, but running recovery or factory reset gets me nothing but a black screen with white bars. After backing up my sd card via an adapter, I formatted the card and copied to it some stock image file I found on some forum and rebooted, but that didn't do anything.
    Not sure what information I need to provide. The Rom was stock. According to the HBOOT screen I've got HBOOT-0.92.0000, s-off, and RADIO-2.15.00.07.28. I still have the clockwork mod backup on my PC from when I backed up my SD Card.
    Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Advertisement
  2. AGWednesday

AGWednesday Well-Known Member

If you backed up, reboot into recovery and restore. If you didn't, reboot into recover and start over.

3. ballhands76

ballhands76 Member This Topic's Starter

How exactly do I restore or start over from recovery? As I mentioned, rebooting into recovery gets me nothing but a black screen with white bars.

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

randysherry likes this.
  5. randysherry

randysherry New Member

God Bless ya , 24 hours without my droid, searching like a madman trying to fix it after unrevoking unrevoked so to say .. and its workingggggggggggggg Holy crap, you are a lifesaver you are a god you are awesome, thank you thank you thank you etc .. etc ... wow!

and thank god for adroidforums.com!!!

Randy in Lost Angeles!:)

P.S. Friends should never lets morons <me> root their droids.