Rooted (I think?), phone goes to black whenvever I attempt to flash..

Last Updated:

1. ReasonableMan

ReasonableMan Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there,

Attempting to root and upgrade to CyanogenMod-6.

I've followed all the steps here, and it appears to be successful according to the Unrevoked software.

Now, the guide for Cyanogen is pretty vague, so I've been following this guide too.

After Unrevoked states that everything was a success, I have to reboot the phone (hard reboot, pulling the battery out). When I run Rom Manager, any flashing I do is followed by the reboot, which takes me to the Android splash screen for a second, then either the phone will go entirely black, or I will see the splash screen with a black bar on the top. I can't do anything at this point, and have to hard reset. Any ideas what's happening and how I can fix it? I've backed up everything, and currently my phone is still fine, even after selecting "Wipe data" etc in Rom Manager.

Advertisement
  2. teppic74

teppic74 Well-Known Member

Download the latest version of unrevoked3 and install it again, it'll install a recovery image that works with your slcd screen.

ReasonableMan likes this.
  3. ReasonableMan

ReasonableMan Member This Topic's Starter

Everything seems to be going smoothly now. Didn't recognize that I had SLCD and not AOLED or whatever it's called. Thanks very much!