Rooted, I think, what's next?

Last Updated:

1. Rvpn12

Rvpn12 Member This Topic's Starter

Trying to figure out how to do a lag fix because I want my phone to run faster and not "lag" I think. lol. Also looking to be able to tether. That is my ultimate goal. Can you guys help me? I don't know how or why but I think I also did something with clockwork and Odin.

Advertisement
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Active Member

Do you have ROM Manager?

3. Rvpn12

Not sure what a ROM manager is. Is superuser a ROM manager? I downloaded all the drivers etc. The Root was successful according to the computer etc.

4. Rvpn12

5. Gitykins

Gitykins Active Member

It's an interface for clockwork from the market

Would you feel comfortable trying voodoo out? You just download it to your sdcard, open it in ROM manager, make a backup (just in case), let it convert your data, and then get a blazingly fast phone.

[RELEASE] Voodoo (v0.2) ext4 lagfix for Fascinate! - xda-developers

edit: just read that other thread, and you must have messed up some directions or something. Voodoo doesn't erase anything and it is very stable if you follow the directions. Try using Odin to restore to stock (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=782204)

6. Rvpn12

I tried it and lost everything but if I had better instructions I would do it. I figured out how to create a folder. Howe do I download the filter to thee folder I created?

7. Gitykins

Gitykins Active Member

Do you have a nandroid backup?

you should put the disable_lagfix in /sdcard/Voodoo, and you get it there by opening the sdcard on your computer

8. Dagouk

Dagouk Member

For the lag fix I would follow these instructions on how to install clockwork mod Clockworkmod installation how to for windows / *nix - xda-developers, and download rom manager from the market place, then download the voodoo lag fix, and use clockwork mod to install it, it should restart your phone and run through the process for you. I strongly suggest doing a system backup through clockwork mod before doing anything to your phone.

For tethering, I use barnacle legacy. I tried the wifi tether app, and I couldn't get my laptop to recognize the phone at all, but it works perfectly fine with barnacle.

9. Rvpn12

Is that an app I have to download off the market? How do I put files on my sd card and then open them on my computer?

10. Rvpn12

Do i have to put my phone in download mode to do that? I think I tried that already but I can try again...thank you

11. Eris_2.1_2010

Eris_2.1_2010 Well-Known Member

I've got a rooted eris and I'm wanting to root my fascinate. One question comes to mind, when 2.2 comes will we have to unroot? Never had this dilemma with my eris.

12. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Probably. Should be the same painless 3 minute process though :)