Rooted Incredible, Manual Upgrade to Froyo

Last Updated:

1. exoduster18

exoduster18 Member This Topic's Starter

I've rooted my Incredible with Unrevoked 3 and I have successfully used Unrevoked Forever to set S=OFF.....now, I am trying to update to Froyo, but I am confused as crap.

Can I use the official OTA update and do it manually? Or do I need a different ROM to update manually with.

I've searched here and there everywhere and I haven't gotten a firm answer or I can't find anything at all. Any help would be appreciated.....

Advertisement
  2. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

Option 1:
    You can use the below link. startright at the unrevoked foreever spot...
    note: you NEED to do the part were you remove SU and the clockworkmod recovery or you can't get ANY offical update.
    note2: this uses the RUU which will wipe your phone but is confirmed to be exactly the same as the OTA...

http://androidforums.com/incredible-all-things-root/162100-stock-2-1-fully-rooted-froyo-2-2-a.html

option two:
    you still NEED to remove the custom recovery(clockworkmod)
    the sit tight and wait for the OTA (it'll probably come in the next few days)

Option 3:
    you still NEED to remove the custom recovery(clockworkmod) [see recurring theme here?]

Then manually run the OTA.zip
    directions for this can be found on the XDA forums

3. exoduster18

exoduster18 Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, is there a version of the official OTA that I can upgrade my Incredible too that doesn't require me to wipe out Clockwork? Say a modded version that was created specifically for this purpose?

4. Crashumbc

further help:

in the link provided above you want step 4 to return to stock recovery image.

5. Crashumbc

Not that I'm aware of

I used the link above several days ago and found it very easy. note: I did the RUU which also wipes your phone.