Rooted incredible no longer works help!!!!!

Last Updated: 2010-10-21 16:59:38
  1. volblood

volblood Member

I ROOTED MY HTC INCREDIBLE LAST NIGHT WITH UNREVOKED AND THEN USED A ROOT APP (Titanium Backup) AND WAS UNINSTALLING APPS LIKE SKYPE, CITY ID, VZW NAVIGATOR AND NOW THE PHONE WILL NOT BOOT UP. WHEN I TURN THE PHONE ON IT GOES TO THE "HBOOT" SCREEN AND I CAN'T GET PAST IT. HOW CAN I REINSTALL THE ANDROID OS AND GET MY PHONE BACK UP AND WORKING???

Advertisement
  2. true

true Well-Known Member

wrong thread. try "all things root."
  3. volblood

volblood Member

I ROOTED MY HTC INCREDIBLE LAST NIGHT WITH UNREVOKED AND THEN USED A ROOT APP (Titanium Backup) AND WAS UNINSTALLING APPS LIKE SKYPE, CITY ID, VZW NAVIGATOR AND NOW THE PHONE WILL NOT BOOT UP. WHEN I TURN THE PHONE ON IT GOES TO THE "HBOOT" SCREEN AND I CAN'T GET PAST IT. HOW CAN I REINSTALL THE ANDROID OS AND GET MY PHONE BACK UP AND WORKING???
  4. Vaseline Smith

Vaseline Smith Well-Known Member

I think your caps lock key is broken.
  5. Vaseline Smith

Seriously though, How were you removing bloatware through titanium?

Did you create a nandroid backup before you started messing with system files?
  6. Vaseline Smith

Caps lock is stuck...STOP YELLING AT ME.
  7. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

dude u have the same thread twice u made it 20 mins later in the same place lol.
  8. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

your answers can be found either on this website within in the forums, or at unrevoked.
  9. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Threads merged.

To restore your phone back to working state, just flash a Stock Rom image.
    volblood likes this.
  10. volblood

volblood Member

No. I didn't do a backup I just uninstalled a bunch of things. I guess I got rid of something I wasn't supposed to.
  11. volblood

volblood Member

Could you please give me the steps on how to do this? I tried putting 2.2 on the sd card and re-installing from there but every time I do it says "Installation Aborted."
  12. crazyg0od33

crazyg0od33 Well-Known Member

you should always do a nandroid before messing with anything at all on your phone
  13. crazyg0od33

download a custom rom like virtuous or my new favorite redemptive/redemption rom, put it on root of sd card, boot into the hboot screen, then enter recover and hit install zip from sd card, then select the custom rom and let it do its thing
    volblood likes this.
  14. volblood

volblood Member

Does the rom file need to be named anything specific?
  15. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Nope just leave it at it's original name. Isn't rooting the Inc fun! So many things you can do with it once rooted ehh :)
    volblood likes this.
  16. volblood

volblood Member

Some one told me to use this rom:
    Shipped ROMs

Is this the correct one?
  17. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

That's not a Rom. It's the 2.2 ruu.
    volblood likes this.
  18. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

What do you mean "correct one"?

If you want to remove bloat like it sounds like you tried to do I would read up on it and learn the proper processes to removing bloat.

Did you originally do a nandroid backup of your phone after rooting like it says to do in every guide on rooting the Inc out there?
  19. volblood

volblood Member

that's funny, huh?
  20. true

true Well-Known Member

its important to do ALL your homework before rooting.

its too late to tell you this now, but if you do happen to unbrick your phone,
    make sure youre familiar with whats going on in the software environment of your phone before taking the rooting leap (or you'll end up in the same boat youre in.)

there are numerous step by step guides on how to root properly, how to uninstall bloatware properly, and how to utilize your superuser access properly.
    even youtube how-to videos. you cant get angry at anyone else but yourself for not taking the proper (nandroid) precautions before you went tinkering with critical phone software.

i do wish you luck on the restoration of your device
    (it really should be as simple as flashing the stock ruu)

but dont take out your frustrations on these users because they dont want to re-re-re-re-re-re-re-reiterate something that has been over-discussed in dozens of other threads.

good luck.
  21. crazyg0od33

go HERE, and download this ROM. It's a great ROM for someone who wants bloat removed and a nice quick ROM.
    Place on root of sd card and flash in recovery through HBOOT. Then you can turn off the bloatware using the "virtuous buddy" app.
    DO A NANDROID WHEN COMPLETED