• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted Issues-random apps crash on reboot

nfusaf

Lurker
Nov 30, 2009
I did not know how to word this one in all of the searching I did and no one that I read about seemed to be having the same issue. Well I have my Galaxy S rooted with Com Rom with the blue midnight 3.0. I have noticed that the battery will, maybe, last the entire day. Whenever my phone reboots due to low battery or if I restart it myself I will start up and random apps will open and look like they will work fine but the phone will vibrate once, and then two times in a row the second time and then force close every time you open that app.

The apps require me to remove the app from the phone and then reinstall that app. It will work fine then as long as I dont restart the phone.

I have yet to notice a consistently force closing app, exception being adw. launcher.

I have already done a dalvik clear, cleared the cache, and cleared all user data. It still happens every time I restart the phone.

Any ideas?

I did not know how to word this one in all of the searching I did and no one that I read about seemed to be having the same issue. Well I have my Galaxy S rooted with Com Rom with the blue midnight 3.0. I have noticed that the battery will, maybe, last the entire day. Whenever my phone reboots due to low battery or if I restart it myself I will start up and random apps will open and look like they will work fine but the phone will vibrate once, and then two times in a row the second time and then force close every time you open that app.

The apps require me to remove the app from the phone and then reinstall that app. It will work fine then as long as I dont restart the phone.

I have yet to notice a consistently force closing app, exception being adw. launcher.

I have already done a dalvik clear, cleared the cache, and cleared all user data. It still happens every time I restart the phone.

Any ideas?

Your system is bad and the file system is corrupted.
So backup all your app and stuff and flash a new firmware.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones