Rooted issues with Market...

Last Updated:

1. ortizdupri

ortizdupri Active Member This Topic's Starter

Seems like a common issue with rooted phones, but have heard conflicting information regarding the Market and copy-protected apps. Some folks used Toast's method and say they have no issues, whereas I used Toast's method and can now no longer see any of them. Is there a fix for this issue (besides restoring to stock)?

Advertisement
  2. IPvFletch

IPvFletch Well-Known Member

Only toastcfh's method.. Not unrevoked (which I did and am not having those problems).

3. ortizdupri

Yeah, I used Toast's method because I'm attempting to remove the bloatware from the phone (which apparently unrevoked's method doesn't allow you to do due to access permissions and what not).

4. Bluesun_EVO

Bluesun_EVO Active Member

If and when you figure out how to do this, please let me know. I can't stand having Qik and Facebook and the MP3 store always showing up as running processes :mad:.

I will NEVER use them.

5. ortizdupri

Just removed a bunch of Sprint and HTC apps (including NFL, Nascar, Navigation, Peep, Amazon MP3 Store, etc.). Used a combination of the following how-to guides:

How to remove Stocks, Nascar and other useless apps... - xda-developers

mounted using "mount /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system" from Remount system writable - xda-developers

Apps that are ok to remove with root - xda-developers