Rooted, Lagfix.. now wallpaper wont change

Last Updated:

1. JxMurda

JxMurda Member This Topic's Starter

So, I rooted my phone and applied the lag fix all went well until I tried to change the wallpaper from the live water to one of my daughter. It doesnt matter what picture I do and now even if I pick a wallpaper from the wallpaper gallery they all change to the wallpaper of the sunset with the water and rocks... Even using launcher pro it acts weird I have to change what wallpaper I want using touchwiz switch to launcher pro reset it for it to show a wallpaper I want. This all seems a little odd and was wondering if anyone else has had a problem similar.

Advertisement
  2. JxMurda

Wow... of course it would be something so simple as restarting the phone, which I guess I didn't do but seems like the problem is solved.

3. saps

saps Well-Known Member

When in doubt a reboot "fixes" 95% of all problems

4. rwrife

rwrife Well-Known Member

Try selecting the same wallpaper 2x in a row, that's what I had to do.

5. JoeProcopio

JoeProcopio Well-Known Member

what do you think about the lag fix? worth it?

6. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Thats a tough call. I did it and my Quadrant score went from less than 900 to over 2200. So what? Is the device really any snappier? Honestly, I can't say that it is. Its not any slower and there is nothing wrong with it per se. Some people say their device gets worse and in that case absolutely un install it. Im leaving it on for now as again nothing is worse for wear. I might go out on a limb and suggest some things seem marginally faster but overall there's not much difference

7. JxMurda

I agree my score jumped up to 2200 also but can I really tell a difference? No more of a placebo effect, but it doesn't hurt anything so might as well...

8. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Yeah I even went ahead and uninstalled it. Messed around didnt notice much change. Re-ran quadrant scored in the 800's. So I re applying the lag fix and was back in the 22's. Again, maybe there is a minimal overall improvement in the fit and feel but we're really talking minimal.
    Still, bottomline: if you took the few minutes to root you might as well apply the lag-fix. About the worst thing it does for me is take up over 400mb of my internal storage/memory