• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted - lost clockworkmod, cant boot rom

Hi.

I stupidly forgot that I was rooted and applied an OTA update (OTA_Bravo_HTC_WWE_1.21.405.2-1.15.405.4_release_P4ohim1mtp6zggcyon).

I'm now stuck in a loop where it won't get past the initial HTC bootscreen.
I can get to the bootloader (hboot 0.93), but if I choose recovery I get to the 'stock' recovery screen. trying to update to another rom results in 'signature verification error'.

I've tried loading the zip from this thread:

http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/177907-froyo-2-09-405-8-update-windows-not-required.html

but it fails as my 'main version is older'.

Any ideas on how I can get any working rom going?

I did exactly the same mistake! Rooted the phone and forgot all about it until the OTA arrived. God damn- I have used the last two days with different solutions to bring life back to my dear Desire....GoldCard, RUU-updates...every trick mentioned in different forums. But no luck. Tonite, If no luck, I decided to send my Desire in for some kind of repair, then I saw this thread that got me going for a last attempt. And lucky me: The 'No Idea' Blog: Extracting ROM files from a HTC Android RUU So thx alot for sending me in the right direction :) My Desire is brought back to life again ;-)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones