• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rooted Lucid bricked after update?

So my rooted Lucid started beeping at me that I have an update. I click update and it resets my phone then starts with the little android dude with the arrow then [!] pops up and phone goes blank, reboots but stops at LG logo.... and thats it. So I do some Googling and find out most people are succeeding using the LG upgrade tool. I plug my phone into the PC, in download mode, and the update goes smooth as can be but my phone has a blank screen when it's done. I exit the upgrade tool, reboot and I get the LG logo for a moment then sometimes the new little android dude with the spinning blue thing in his belly, sometimes not, then a blank screen... Tried the recovery option but the same thing happened.

HELP

hmm yeah sounds like the update failed, usually the last part where you describe the android guy with the blue thing in his belly, that is meaning it is trying to download the update, however, after that it stops?

Otherwise i would suggest going into recovery and doing a factory reset to try and fix this issue.

Hope this helps! :)

Upvote 0
Started the update, said it was like 5MB and would take about 6 minutes, the LG logo shows up , then screen goes black with dim backlight forever, well the longest I left it that way was like 20 or 30 minutes. tried LG Update tool but it seems not to be able to connect, USB drivers are installed and it seems to grab the phone version etc.

Factory reset does not help,

KDZ tool with a ROM kdz encrypted properly also does not work although appears it was writing to the device.

:-(

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
OK left my phone plugged in on the dim black screen for almost two hours and it came back to life, first step took nearly two hours when left completely alone. so proceeded with the larger ICS update, took over 3 hours on the same dim black screen, but eventually completed. so now I do have an updated phone. so guess the update saying about 6 minutes for update #1 and about 15 min for update #2 very much not correct :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones