rooted missing google talk app now

Last Updated:

1. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted and put the overclocked kernel, then last night I went to the stock underclocked kernel and I haven't noticed it since before I rooted, but today I got a google talk im and it popped up in my notification as usual, BUT when I clicked it nothing happened, so i went to manually try to open it and I can't find it anywhere on my phone, any ideas? Also, I can't find it in the market to uninstall...

Advertisement
  2. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

I have never seen it in the market. It comes preinstalled. Are you sure you are looking under "T" for talk and not "G" for Gtalk in the app menu? I do that all the time.

3. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes I'm sure, I thought it came pre installed, meaning that I can't delete it right? But I did root, but I only rooted so I could use the wireless hotspot. Didn't touch anything else. Another question I want to ask... I went back to the stock kernel from hydra kernels. But how do I get it back to the kernel saying htc in the about phone section?

4. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

I am running 2.2 leak and cant really check but you flashed the stock kernel from hydras site and its not being identified as the stock kernel in the about phone section? What does it say?

Was this the one,

Hydra Kernels - Support