rooted moment adding hero APK

Last Updated:

1. madbowler75

madbowler75 New Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 4, 2010
    I am wondering if you are able to run a APK from a rooted hero on the moment?? I have a hero that is rooted running fresh 2.1.1 The wife has a moment that we are going to root shortly. She likes the yahoo messenger from my phone better then anything from the market and her stock one. So my question would be, since I have access to the apk's is it possible to add it to her phone and have it work?? She would also like me to be able to add the teeter program that only came on the hero. If this is possible please let me know so I can make her happy with her Yahoo again. this is how we chat when she is working so I would really like to be able to do it for her. Thanks for your time

2. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    As for the tether, my sisters hero works with pdanet.

If you have root explorer, you can probably find the apk you're looking for in the \system\app directory. Simply copy it to a folder of your choice on your SD card. I have no idea if it will work on the Moment or not and don't know if its safe either.
  3. htcman724

htcman724 Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    don't think it would be a problem but you will probably need root explorer on both phones to do it as you will have to change permissions on the file onece installed and the worst thing that happens is you need to reflash 2.1