Rooted Moment..looks the same (New Guy)

Last Updated:

1. Chioffe

Chioffe Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Noob here...so Hello all.

just followed the rooting vid and it went well, but is the phone supposed to look stock? I used froyo 1.8.7, and not much has changed at all. Did I do something wrong? I followed the vid I found here to the T. I see rooted moments that look completely different.

Advertisement
  2. wihogfan

wihogfan Active Member

You did nothing wrong. Noob's Froyo roms are supposed to be vanilla (i.e., he sticks with the stock theme minus most of the Sprint specific apps).

2 things you can do to get a different look:
    1) Apply a custom theme.
    2) Use a custom launcher app (I use LauncherPro). A custom launcher app is included with a lot of custom themes though.

3. Chioffe

Oh ok, I got it. Now where can I get custom themes that are trusted? Some of these guys themes are amazing. Is Launcherpro is in the Market?

Thanks!

4. wihogfan

wihogfan Active Member

The free version of LauncherPro is available in the market and that's the version I use.

Check out the SDX Development website (where Noobl post his Froyo roms). I've been using the Eye Candy theme from there off and on for several months, but there are a lot of others themes there.

5. wihogfan

wihogfan Active Member

The free version of LauncherPro is available in the market and that's the version I use.

Check out the SDX Development website (where Noobl post his Froyo roms). I've been using the Eye Candy theme from there off and on for several months, but there are a lot of others themes there.

6. Chioffe

Thanks a lot man!