Rooted Motorola Droid won't allow Superuser to start


Last Updated:

  1. Captainflowers91

    Captainflowers91 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2010
    Messages:
    62
    Likes Received:
    3
    I recently rooted my motorola droid and installed bugless beast froyo 2.2 and every time I try to use Superuser Permissions or Setcpu, it says that Superuser permissions is not responding and makes me do a force close, or send a report. Is there any way to fix this?
     

    Advertisement
  2. kratos

    kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2010
    Messages:
    1,678
    Likes Received:
    430
    Get ROM Manager from the market (I Highly suggest the paid version) and run the "Fix Permissions" option from within ROM Manager.

    This took care of all force close problems I was having, with the exception of Dolphin HD where if I opened more than 4 tabs all at once, it would become slow to respond. In that case, I just hit wait and let it do it's thing.

    Kratos
     
  3. Captainflowers91

    Captainflowers91 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2010
    Messages:
    62
    Likes Received:
    3
    Every time I try to run "Fix Permissions", it goes straight to force close without even giving it the chance to run
     
  4. istolvampire

    istolvampire Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2009
    Messages:
    503
    Likes Received:
    35
    Try a different rom and see if it still does it.
     
  5. kratos

    kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2010
    Messages:
    1,678
    Likes Received:
    430
    This^^^^^^^^

    What version of BB are you using anyways? 0.3, 0.4, 0.5? there have been some issues with 0.5 and there a re a few fixes available, though not every issue has a fix yet.

    I suggest giving UD8 a try. I have been using UD8 for about a week and a half thus far without too many issues. I did have to download a fix for BT Dialing, but other than that, no issues. The first two days (or so) my phone seemed somewhat laggy and just didn't seem to be moving very fast, but as the newly flashed ROM got settled in, everything sped up. I had a few battery issues where I was only getting about 8-10 (or less) hours per charge, but that was due to playing around with my phone getting it set up just right and the ROM and Kernel needing to settle in to their new home. Now I am getting about 23-26 hours of battery life per charge with moderate (4-6 20-40 minute phone calls, app updates, web surfing, and light gaming) use.

    I am running UD8 with Chevy's LV 1.1Ghz Kernel and 928Droid's Black Glass Theme.

    Remember that not all kernels (or ROMs for that matter) play nicely on different Droids. Some Droids have no problem with LV kernels, while others have bootloops with LV kernels. Just make sure you do a full backup before installing anything (ROMs, Kernels, Themes, fixes, etc) and if you go into a bootloop, you can always revert to a nandroid backup.

    Kratos
     

Share This Page

Loading...