• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root (Rooted) MT will not connect to WIFI

Sequoyah517

Dec 10, 2012
I am running the latest version of star ship ROM have been for a while, anyways out of the blue today the wifi just turns off and now it is connecting and disconnecting over and over. I reset the router, reentered my password, rebooted my phone, played with my settings, the static IP, turned the WIFI sleep of etc. I can't seem to find a solution online so I am at a loss as to what to do. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Sequoyah

I did get it to work by switching my security to WPA-PSK (TKIP) and changing my custom security key. It only works when security is disabled or on this setting which sucks be cause WPA-PSK isn't the strongest protection. It's just odd that this issue came out of no where without me installing any apps or adjusting any settings.

Upvote 0
I did get it to work by switching my security to WPA-PSK (TKIP) and changing my custom security key. It only works when security is disabled or on this setting which sucks be cause WPA-PSK isn't the strongest protection. It's just odd that this issue came out of no where without me installing any apps or adjusting any settings.

I was having recurring issues with netgear router and my android devices. Got a cisco 2500 and all is good. Have gone from 3 router reboots a week to several weeks without touching a thing.

Upvote 0
yeah we use a Pidion at work and it has a lot of issues with some of the new routers when both N/B/G are on at the same time. If its the same router you have been using could try booting into recovery wiping the caches, powering down from within recovery and take the battery out for a few hours. Had a similar issue like a year and a half ago, dam has it been that long? Anyway my wifi started working ok after following those steps. Think I turned off all my radios before hand but never figured out what actually was going on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones