• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted my Galaxy Ace Plus S7500L

AEAllen

Nov 24, 2012
Tried again and successfully rooted the S7500L.

Then I found out that just because you root it, it is not an easy task to remove all the bloatware from the phone. That was my entire purpose for wanting to Root.

According to several sites, only way to do it effectively is to load a Custom ROM.

So I loaded a Custom ROM "Atomic" and guess what........
ALL THE BLOATWARE IS STILL ON THE PHONE!!!!!!

Only thing I managed to do was force myself to re-setup everything on the phone. But about halfway thru that, i just decided to re-load the factory firmware since the "Atomic" was not as "Atomic" as I expected........

So the dilemma with the S7500L is there are not a lot of Custom Rom's available for the "L" model.

Anyone know of one that actually gets rid of all the bloatware?

Thanks!

OK, figured it out.......

After Rooting you have to go to the store and get Titanium Backup (Free). This app will delete all the junk apps in just a few clicks.

Click on the backup/restore tab and then click the app you want to delete. Just click on each one you want to delete and follow the prompts. Then reboot and all you selected are GONE!

Be sure and keep "Talk" as it interacts with the Play Store that will not work anymore if you delete "Talk".

Be careful, know what you are deleting Mr. SUPERUSER! LOL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones