Rooted My Zio

1. XboxOmac

XboxOmac Well-Known Member

Just rooted my Zio (1.6). What are some things I can do with a rooted phone?

Advertisement
    :
  2. javajoe96

javajoe96 Member

Well, you can wifi tether so other devices can use your phone to get on the net. Download apps not on the Market. Replace boot up sound. Install a custom rom, but none available yet for Zio.
  3. XboxOmac

I use PDANET instead of the tethering and that works great for me.
  4. javajoe96

javajoe96 Member

pdanet will work, but I prefer not having to use any wires and instead use its own wifi antanea to broadcast as a hotspot. I use Barnacle Wifi Tether but it does require root.

[​IMG]
    Joe
  5. XboxOmac

Wireless Tether doesn't work for me. Ill try Barnacle Wifi Tether.
  6. kgreendenver

kgreendenver Well-Known Member

Barnacle is the truth for me on my Behold, never thought of tethering or wirelessly doing things to my Zio... Dont want to root it yet as the big "update" is supposed to come super soon and rooted phones may not be able to get the ota update.
  7. javajoe96

javajoe96 Member

That's why you use the soft root option, so when you reboot it is unrooted.
  8. XboxOmac

Soft root?
  9. javajoe96

javajoe96 Member

Yes, When you use the Universal Androot it gives you the option to software root that only lasts till you reboot the phone and then it is not rooted anymore. That way, you do not have to commit to being rooted and you can undo it anytime.
  10. kgreendenver

Hmm, i will check it out then!
  11. XboxOmac

Universal Androot though gives you the option to unroot your device whenever you like. So what would be the point? o_O
  12. kgreendenver

Still have yet to check it out, just plain lazy i guess. I dont really see a reason to root the phone at this point because there are no custom rom's for it. Geez i wish i was a tech whiz because i would SO learn how to Rom and put out one if i could :|
  13. XboxOmac

I would want to do the same. :|
  14. poler166

poler166 Well-Known Member

Setcpu is deffently a reson to root it made my phone really fast and saves me battery :)