Rooted--need some help though...(noob obviously)

Last Updated:

1. motoconvert

motoconvert Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so I'm rooted thanks to work computer and the "The Official One-Click Rooting Solution for Droid Thread!!! :D :D LATEST: V2.0.4" post...

Downloaded Titanium Backup and ROM Manager...flashed clockworkMod...Backed up current ROM...Downloaded Bugless Beast V0.5 using ROM Manager (v2.5.0.4)...Get to the screen where it says "ROM Pre-Installation, Backup existing ROM and Wipe Data and Cache...checkmark both...then it says Rebbot and Install, press OK to reboot into the clockworkMod Recovery and continue the installation...click OK and get stuck on the screen with the white triangle ! symbol...

am I suppose to wait til that goes away to know that the ROM is installed...was I suppose to hold down the "x" and power button once I clicked ok to reboot?? any help would be appreciated.:confused:

Advertisement
  2. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member

That triangle means you lost clockwork recovery. Flash clockwork recovery again with rom manager.

motoconvert likes this.
  3. motoconvert

Thanks...did that this morning while I was getting ready for work. Now I'm stuck in a boot loop....*sigh*

:edit: Ok, firgured out how to get out of boot loop...now just need to try flashing ROM again...

4. corbinator

corbinator Well-Known Member

I'm still a noob but I'm getting better at this. This is the nOOb directions that I made for my self.

1. - BU in RM - name something (stable or something like that, that way even if you get stuck in a boot loop you can restore from the PWR button+X key).
    2. - BU apps not in market in TiBu. (lost a few here as I didn't do this the first time but nothing important, better yet BU all apps and data.)
    2.2 - BU Launcher Pro if you have it. Saves a lot of time and skull sweat remembering where things are at.( But I have found the if you do step 2 you won't need this but still a good idea)
    3. - DL rom in RM, when prompted hit "Wipe data and install"
    4.1 - Setup your login when prompted.
    4.2 - WAIT!!!!! Your apps will come back after a while. (took about 20 min for all of mine install and all.)
    5. - If you have Launcher Pro (I love it and refuse to use anything else.) restore your settings. You might have to repaste a few widgits but that's no big deal.
    6. - ENJOY ROM'ing!!!!!!!!!:D

motoconvert likes this.
  5. motoconvert

ROOTED!! Running Bugless Beast V0.5!! Figured out how to reinstall my apps all by myself!! Woohoo!!! Thanks for everyone's help!