Rooted Nook wont connect to Enterprise 802.1x

1. pglenn

pglenn Well-Known Member

just rooted my Nook Color to CM7 (running off SD card and not internally) for the main purpose of connecting to the wireless at work. They have Enterprise 802.1x and unrooted would not connect (as i read it couldnt) but I had thought rooted would. It goes thru the same process as the internal stock rom. seems to connect, goes to assigning IP address, then disconnects and goes thru the process over and over. I have an HTC Evo 4G that connects just fine so it isnt a block by the wireless.

Any ideas on why it wont connect or how to get it to connect? do I need to download a special network app? is there some hidden setting in the CM7? any and all help and suggestions are welcomed

Patrick

Advertisement
    :
  2. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Check your time and date. I use ClockSync with get time from network unchecked.
  3. pglenn

pglenn Well-Known Member

dont see how checking Time and Date would have any effect on WIFI Connectivity?
  4. colchiro

It does.

Just because you can't see it... :D
  5. pglenn

pglenn Well-Known Member

well Time and Date are both correct
  6. bobstro

bobstro Well-Known Member

A big part has to do with the corporate network setup. The IT department at work has configured 802.1X so only IT-supported devices can connect. It makes sense from their perspective, as they don't want folks bring all sorts of polluted devices into their network.

I actually had my Linux laptop working, but when they realized what I was doing, they broke it for me. :(
  7. pglenn

pglenn Well-Known Member

well my HTC phone still works... big part of getting the nook was for netflix during lunch
  8. colchiro

Are you able to connect to any other networks (try several)?

Is your phone encrypted? (Some companies require encryption.)

You shouldn't need a network app. Networking is built-in.
  9. pglenn

pglenn Well-Known Member

dont have any others to try but home WIFI and that works fine on both HTC and NOOK. dunno if the HTC is encrypted or not - or for that matter if the nook is or isnt
  10. colchiro

1. You would have had to choose "encrypt" and wait for it to finish.
    2. Android devices do not come that way, it's an option you would have had to do because IT said you needed it to access their network or email.

Go into wifi... tap the menu button and choose "advanced" and make sure you have the same settings for both phone and NC.