• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted Nooks died within 4 hours of each other.

Last night (between 10pm and 2am) I was playing a crappy free app of the day on my rooted nook tablet, and it froze, then the screen turned off and my nook would not turn back on. Nothing worked, held the power button down fit 2 minutes, twice... Pushed the hone button, nothing.

I gave up and figured the battery must have super drained (was at 50% and I had not plugged it in for 3 days), plugged it in, and like the annoying little tablet it can be, it turned right on.

I was not going to bother posting about it; however my wife's rooted nook tablet did the exact same thing between 5am and 9 am... (all times are eastern), only pluging it in did not work, and she had just charged it from 9pm until 5am last night. After it was plugged in for about 3 minutes (showing a green charged light), it switched to orange charging, still won't turn on. I unplugged the charger and waited a couple of minutes, then plugged it back in and BOOM! Turned right back on. 90% of the tine my wife uses her NT to read books purchased from the nook store.

Anyone have something similar happen, out have any idea what happened?

My nook tablet is snowball rooted, my wife's is just plain old root, Zerg style.

Sorry if the mods think this shouldn't be on the root section (actually did it on accident, but the root was the only thing I could think of that might have caused it)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones